High Voltage Intelligent Monitoring System™
High Voltage Intelligent
Wireless CT, Feeder Line Monitor and
Fault Detection Monitor
Telliformer’s High Voltage Intelligent Monitoring System (HVIMS™) can monitor the operational condition of overhead power lines through accurate measurement of line currents, waveform records and other relevant data at a high rate of speed. When a line fault occurs, the system can quickly locate the fault section and communicate that information to the proper sources in order to stabilize and/or immediately recover. This greatly improves the reliability and efficiency of the distribution utilities’ network.
The HVIMS™ monitoring module comprehensively utilizes advanced computer technology, power electronic technology, signal processing technology, and artificial intelligence— along with efficient communication and sensor technologies— to monitor the overhead power’s real-time working condition. This “diagnostic data” platform provides an effective technical basis for intelligently operating a power distribution system.
Its key benefits include accurately identifying the line fault type and rapidly locating the fault section; also early warning of an abnormal condition in the line—thus, greatly improving the overall reliability and operating efficiency of a power distribution network.
When a line fault occurs, the system can quickly locate the fault section and communicate that information to the proper sources in order to stabilize and/or immediately recover.
Technical Parameters and Advantages
- Current sensor features high bandwidth, precision and linearity
- Advanced current signal acquisition: samples current every minute
- Line current waveform recording at rapid rate
Energy Harvesting Technology
- Continuously harvest power from low current to heavy current
- Harvest energy in a controlled manner (i.e. harvest energy at the maximum power in case of low current and unsaturated
for heavy power)
- Short-circuit current protection yields highly reliable power system
- Line-to-Line Fault: The Line-to-Line Fault detection algorithm is based on inverse time-current protection and a self-
adaptive current threshold. It is designed to resolve such problems as excitation surge current and the motor's reverse
delivery of power.
- Single Line-to-Ground Fault: Designed to detect and locate faults based on approaches of transient signal and networking
- Broken-Line Fault: Effectively detects a broken line based on precise current signal and networking current flow.
- Attain two-way data communication and timing synchronization based on TDM low-power wireless communication
- Flexible networking communication mode to ensure safe data transmission.
The HVIMS™ is an advanced sensing and monitoring device designed with a highly robust micro-processor: capable of on-board intelligence and two-way communication.
A plug and play system that instantly provides immediate payback with a potential to completely revolutionize the way the power grid is managed and maintained.